With the final Christmas countdown well and truly on, I thought that my December wish list could double up as my top 12 gifts for anyone who is looking for some last minute ideas and inspiration.
1. Up first is a must for any stationery fan or avid list writer – a diary! My favourites this year are these rather nifty polka dot diaries from Present & Correct:
2. Another super handy present is this New York shopper from Map Totes. I love the illustrative map and the denim material makes it a little bit special and different from the usual canvas shoppers. It’s also available in store at West Elm:
3. I absolutely adore these gorgeous cat slippers by Ruby + Ed. They are available at Heals and I loved them so much that I bought a pair for myself and my sister! They are THE best slippers I have ever had and are the purrrrfect (sorry) present for any cat lover:
4. These pretty cocktail napkins at Anthropologie are 50s-tastic and a great little gift for anyone who likes vintage styling or entertaining:
5. I love anything storage-related and have had my eye on this cool Vitra desk tidy for quite some time now. It comes in a variety of colours but my favourite is the mustard version. It would be really handy for storing all my stationery bits and bobs or you could use it in the kitchen for spices, utensils and jars. You can have a look at the other colours available at Nest.
6. I may have mentioned once or twice before (!) that I am a huge fan of Orla Kiely and absolutely adore these shoes that she has designed with Clarks. I love the buckle and dot detailing and they would be perfect with a pinafore dress and wooly tights:
7. The Kitchenalia book by Vinny Lee would make a lovely gift for anyone who likes to incorporate vintage finds into their home. It’s packed full of ideas and provides guidance on sourcing and styling everything for your kitchen from storage tins and utensils to furniture. The book is available to buy at Amazon:
8. I do love a cocktail ring and spotted this amazing cat ring on the tigerlillyquinn website. How festive and fun is that?! Loving the winning cat and daisy combo:
10. The cat ring got me thinking… a festive outfit isn’t complete without a suitably eye catching clutch bag. Check out this fluffy number from Topshop. The pink and black looks gorgeous together and it also ticks my essential polka dot box:
11. One of my favourite films of 2014 was the Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson. I recently finished reading the book that inspired the film, The Society of the Crossed Keys by Stefan Zweig, and would really like to read some of his other books. Pushkin Press has released some of his works featuring really cool illustrated covers. All of the books are available to buy at Pushkin Press:
12. Lastly but certainly by no means least, is Lina Stores. I visited this brilliant Italian deli in London a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the place. It was packed full of tasty Italian treats, so number 12 is pretty much anything from this shop – panettone, limoncello, pasta, jam… the list is endless!
Check out my Christmas board on Pinterest for more ideas for the festive season!